The King’s Awards for Enterprise is the most prestigious business award a UK Business can win.
There are only 4 categories, each with rigorous eligibility criteria:
- The King’s Award for Innovation Category
- The King’s Award for International Trade Category
- The King’s Award for Sustainable Development
- The King’s Award for Social Mobility Category
To enter the Innovation category, you must;
- have a product or service that hasn’t been sold before
- have had your product/service on the market for a minimum of 2 years
- have recovered the initial investments in the innovation of the product through sales or be able to show that you will recover the full amount in the future
- be able to show outstanding commercial success because of innovation over 2 years or continuous commercial growth over 5 years
In addition, your innovation should be one of the following:
- invention, design or production of goods
- performance of services
- marketing and distribution
- after-sale support of goods/services
Have a look at some of the winners of The King’s Awards for Enterprise for Innovation from previous years:
Ultrahaptics Limited – provides unique technology which uses ultrasound to project sensations through the air and onto a user’s hands. Ultrahaptic achieved the award for Innovation for their innovative core technology and their ongoing commitment to innovation.
SwimTrek – organising open water swimming holidays and excursions for enthusiasts and triathletes. SwimTrek achieved the Innovation award for recognising a gap in the market and developing a one-of-a-kind holiday experience, resulting in outstanding commercial success.
Domino Printing Services – providing a range of printing services to the food, beverage and health and beauty industries. Domino were awarded their 6th award for their A-series i-Tech printing range of industrial jet ink printers.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT CATEGORY FOR YOUR STORY
The awards are rigorous, but certainly not impossible to win — so long as you fit the criteria for the chosen category and sub-category, have a compelling narrative, and can tie up your strategy, your story, and your results in a way that shows you are outstanding.
If the Innovation category isn’t the right fit for you, have a look at the other categories available for you to enter;
ARE YOU READY TO WIN A KING’S AWARD?
Find out if you are ready to enter the awards and how likely you are to succeed in the Innovation category by contacting us today
Arrange your consultation, and we will provide an honest assessment of your chances of winning.
You can find out more about our service here.